This is a reflection i got by reading this chapter of the bible.
This is purely by my experience. I did not get this from a bible study class or anything.
This bible chapter is mainly talking about the temptation of Jesus when he just finished fasting.
I will be talking about the 2 first temptation.
1. Matthew 4:4
"man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."(NKJV)
The word live here doesn't literally means our physical life, but also our spiritual life.
It is true that without the word of God, man will die spiritually.
What does it mean by "die spiritually"??
- loosing your vision and focus of what God wants to do in your life.
- loosing the meaning of life. in this i meant u might have a certain goal in your life but you might not have the eternal meaning why you are doing so.
- loosing eternal happiness. Happiness for being with God. U might have a great time partying or playing around with your friends or may also do a lot of worldly fun things, but after a while, you will be alone and thinking how empty is your life once the party is over.
- loosing the meaning of God's words. In this spiritual dryness time, u may understand the surface of the word of God, but not in depth and definitely not being planted in your heart. Because there is no Holy Spirit in you.
- and the most horrible thing is: LOOSING THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN YOUR LIFE. No matter how God shout to tell us what to do, we can never hear Him.
as far as i know "die spiritually" is all about LOOSING SOMETHING PRECIOUS.
Why would God let His people "die spiritually" or have "spiritual dryness"???
- God's greatest gift for man is the gift to have our own will. Many people choose to take the wrong way and ignoring God when they can still hear Him. one day they will realized that they can't hear God anymore.
- Sometimes through this, many people actually realized how life without God is miserable. It is true that "We usually don't appreciate what we have until we lost it".
- Through this people like me can actually encourage other people facing same problem and also can share this to other people so that they won't fall into the same mistakes.
How to get out of this problem??
- mean what you say, pray, and worship.
- if God tell you to change, do it NOW. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE
- you have to know the law of sowing and reaping. If u drag yourself away from God, how can you go back to Him???? so you have to realized that you have to keep on pulling yourself towards God. There will be a lot of voices saying "you are not worthy anymore etc etc etc...". Don't believe it! God has paid for ALL of your sins.
- "Ora Et Labora". I don't know which language this came from, but it means, work and pray. You can't just pray, pray, pray and hoping God to do all the things. You have to ACT. Pull yourself towards God.
2. Matthew 4:5-7
In verse 5 and 6 it is shown that both satan and Jesus knows how much God loves Jesus. He (Jesus) also knows that God will protect Him if He ever fall. But this doesn't mean He will voluntarily fall into temptation and just let God help Him.
This is an character we must all have. Why do we want to fall into temptation hoping that God will pull us back up. By falling into temptation like this, you are voluntarily dragging yourself away from God. This is not the right attitude.
Well in conclusion i must say that if you know that you are one of this people who has done wrong, come back to God. He has been calling upon you, but you just might not hear what He said.. Come with an open heart. Come with CONFESSIONS of your sins and your desire to come back to Him..
There in His sanctuary you will hear a voice "Come my dear child.. Welcome Home.."
It's been a long time that i really feel like i'm walking in the desert. Since i came to this third year of my studies, i really feel like i'm always worn out and not enough time to rest and do work. Even though sometimes i know i have enough rest, but i'm still emotionally tired. Tired of the overwhelming loads of works.
As time goes by i really realized that i'm dry in the inside. The excitement and faith just disappeared. In the panic i don't know what to do.
Instead of pulling near to God, i pushed myself from God. In this point of the time, even though all my friends can see me as a cheerful person, i'm losing everything. I'm losing myself. I'm losing the most precious help i got. I'm covering myself from God. Even when He came to be my support, i just ran away. This must be the most miserable time of my life. This is the worst time of my life.
When things don't turn out what i think should happen, i blame all the other people around me. I blame my teacher, i blame my parents, and eventually i blame God for not helping me. The spirit of a quitter keep on coming to me.
At the peak of this mountain, i finally realized that i really need Him by my side. I cried out "GOD.... GOD...... GOD....... JESUS......!!!! JESUS.... LORD....". At that point of me calling His name, His presence struck down on me. He comforted me.
I cried "God, it is all over. I'm too late to realize that You are always here with me. I'm too late to pick this up again. I can't go back to where i'm supposed to be"
He is truly the Lord my father. He said "Don't worry child, there is never too late for Me. Praise and call upon My name."
He reminded me about praising His name in every condition of my life. I started singing..
"It's for freedom that Christ has set us free..
I live for You and not for me anymore..
And Your mercy is new with everyday..
No longer will i forfeit grace,
I'll follow You and live by faith.."
(Freedom by CCC)
Indeed He set me free from all haters towards my lecturer. He told me about when Jesus was nailed on the cross for our sin, He didn't curse the people that nailed Him, He blessed them. The same thing applied to me. I felt like i'm being killed emotionally. But God able to raise me again. so I started blessing my lecturer.
I live for You and not for me anymore. Even though deep down i really want to quit, but i'm not living for myself anymore. I'm living for Him. So,
"I WAS NOT A QUITTER, AM NOT A QUITTER, WILL NEVER BE A QUITTER"
Yeaps, we are more than a conqueror.
"And I will bring praise I will bring praise No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice I will declare God is my victory and He is here"
(Desert Song - Hillsong)
In Him alone i can stand up and slay the goliath in my life.
My prayer today:
"Dear Jesus my Lord. I'm so sorry for ignoring Your presence in my life. But thank You that You still persevere and stay by my side. I'm not a quitter and i give You my life. Let my life be Your clay, mould me in Your way. I'm going to stand strong in the days of my life cause i know that You are greater than all the earth. Let my word shout Your praise and let my life bring You glory. Thank You Lord"
been so super busy for a couple of weeks. no time to play around. ^^
I'm going back to SG on july, 11th. (about 2 weeks time)
to be honest, right now I don't know which one i like better, working or studying.
What i do know is i miss everyone in singapore a lot. I miss church, my dearest Ika (haha), Stef, Ko Yon, Ming, Lala, S43, school friends, etc etc etc etc etc.
But here in Indo is where my family belongs. Haven't got time to catch up with everyone yet. If only i have 3 months of holiday. That'd be great. Beside that, i think i'm getting attached with the people i worked with. They are so very generous and nice people that i don't want to lose contact with.
Time runs so fast. Hope i can catch up with its rhythm.
yea, I'm in indonesia and having my internship program
i'm working at a mega company named PT. Mitra Adiperkasa
this one company is having most of the high street fashion brands under them.
such as topshop, topman, zara, marks&spencer, next, lacoste, nine west, dorothy perkins, nautica, miss selfridge, etc.
Not to mention all the reebok, starbucks, and many big department stores in indo..
Well, i'm working for marks&spencer though.
It is one tough work i think. I'm always very exhausted at the end of the day.
So everyday i arrive at the office at about 7.30 am (my working hour is 8.30 am to 5.30 pm) and i leave about 6 plus. very tiring.
beside the tiring work, i'm so thankful for the wonderful people around me. my colleagues and bosses are SUPER nice. They really help and teach me a lot.
One thing i really thank God is about my boss. She looks like she is in her early twenties, but actually she is not. She is older than i thought. She is very beautiful, Angelina Jolie's face and model's body. She is a DM,very talented and nice. Last thurs my GM invited all of us to have dinner together (her treat) and my DM took me back to my place (because it's already so late at night). On the way, we were talking casually and then suddenly we started to talk about church. It happens to be that she is also a Christian that is so on fire.
She reminded me of a verse
"And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only and not beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you today, and are careful to observe them"
Deuteronomy 28 : 13 (NKJV)
She is young, talented, and most of all God bless her abundantly. God bless her family and He put her on top and not beneath. She is the head and not the tail!